Product Development at GAR Labs
Fully staffed with onsite chemists and technicians, with an extensive catalog of prototype formulas on file, we can design your Skin Care and Hair Care line to the exact performance, scent and texture you desire.
Steps for Development of Your Product
The following product development step were set up to help save you time in finding the right supplier, AND save you money (by not paying brokerage fees). If you have any questions, call GAR Labs at 951-788-0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Start With The Packaging First:
To develop a consumer product you will always need:
(1) Container, (2) Label, (3) 12-Pack Cardboard & (4) a Product Name & Trademark
TO GET STARTED.
- Contact CONTAINER Companies that are listed on our “Supplier Contact List”. Marcia at www.APRpackaging.com (818)282-2626 would be a good start, then have the container or tube company send you about 6 samples of each type of Bottle, Jar or Tube that you picked, and get the price AND the minimum order quantities needed for each. (Expected lead time needed 2-3 weeks)
- Get a LABEL for your container, you can use WEST COAST LABEL & DECORATIVE BOXES, www.WestCoastLabels.com the best person their is Kent Gallacher (714)401-9237 email@example.com OR Garth (714) 634-3466 at www.Labelimpressions.com, either company will help you in designing the LOGO and graphic ART WORK for your LABEL. Always get a Plastic Labels for your containers, (Flexible “Primax” Plastic is best)…GOOD NEWS…GAR LABS CAN LABEL your Tubes, Bottles or Jars IN-HOUSE. If you are adding a BAR CODE to your label…here is the link to getting one:
http://www.SimplyBarcodes.net OR http://www.gs1us.org/get-started/im-new-to-gs1-us
(Expected lead time for this step, 3 weeks)
- Contact a CARDBOARD BOX Company, Two reliable cardboard box companies are Matthew.Fellows@Landsberg.com (858)205-9568 or Chris Diblasi CDiblasi@CAL-PACK.com (909)215-8935 or (800) 722-5225, and decide on the type and size of Cardboard Box to hold your Bottles, Tubes or Jars. They are typically packed either 6 or 12 pieces to a box. (Expected lead time needed 2-3 weeks)
- Choose a PRODUCT NAME for your product & Trademark it!
Important! Go to http://www.LegalZoom.com/Trademarks-guide/conflicting-Trademarks-search.html OR http://www.uspto.gov/sitesearch.jsp to make sure there is no conflicting similar names.
2) Finish With The Product Last!
- Contact GAR Labs and talk with us about the type of product you want, we will help you decide on the color, fragrance and performance of the product. We will then send you a representative laboratory sample for you to test and approve.
- After you have completed all the packaging, (Bottle/Jar, Cap LABEL & 12-Pack Cardboard Box), ship all the packaging to GAR Labs. After we receive all components we will, (1st) Label the Bottle/Jar, (2nd) Manufacture the product, the (3rd) Fill, Cap, Code and (4th) put the completed product into your 12-Pack Cardboard Box on a palletize and hold it for pick-up via the trucking firm you picked…(like www.ShipHDS.com (local) or www.UPSfreight.com (cross-country)
TOTAL TIME FOR THE PROJECT FROM CONCEPT TO COMPLETION 10-12 weeks
Click the button below to see an extensive list of suppliers that we believe to be fairly priced,
and will work with you to find the right packaging or service.