Steps for Development of your Product
Considering the options to bring your hair care, skin care, shampoo or other product to market with the manufacturer? The following information is helpful for any person or company that is starting the process and is built to help you save time, save money, and make informed decisions. If you have any questions, call GAR Labs at 951-788-0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) START WITH THE PACKAGING FIRST:
To develop a consumer product you will always need
(1) Container, (2) Label, (3) 12-Pack Cardboard & (4) a Product Name & Trademark
TO GET STARTED.
- Contact CONTAINER Companies listed on our “Supplier Contact List”. Decide on the kind of container you want. Then have the container companies send you about six samples of each type of Bottle, Jar or Tube that you picked, and get the price AND the minimum order quantities needed for each.
(Expected lead time needed 2-3 weeks)
- Get a LABEL for your container, you can use WEST COAST LABEL & DECORATIVE BOXES, www.WestCoastLabels.com the best person their is Kent Gallacher (714)401-9237 email@example.com OR any other label company, they will help you in designing the LOGO and graphic ART WORK for your LABEL.Always get a Plastic Labels for your containers, (Flexible “Primax” Plastic is best)…GOOD NEWS…GAR LABS CAN LABEL your Tubes, Bottles or Jars IN-HOUSE.If you are adding a BAR CODE to your label…here is the link to getting one:
http://www.SimplyBarcodes.net OR http://www.gs1us.org/get-started/im-new-to-gs1-us
(Expected lead time for this step, 3 weeks)
- Contact a CARDBOARD BOX Company, Two reliable cardboard box companies are www.LauralPKG.com (888)562-8725 or John@TricoPackaging.com (714)632-0190 (see page 2), and decide on the type and size of Cardboard Box to hold your Bottles, Tubes or Jars. They are typically packed either 6 or 12 pieces to a box.
(Expected lead time needed 2-3 weeks)
- Choose a PRODUCT NAME for your product & Trademark it.
Important!! Go to http://www.LegalZoom.com/Trademarks-guide/conflicting-Trademarks-search.html OR http://www.uspto.gov/sitesearch.jsp to make sure there is no conflicting similar names.
2) FINISH WITH THE PRODUCT LAST!
- Contact GAR Labs and talk with us about the type of product you want, we will help you decide on the color, fragrance and performance of the product. We will then send you a representative laboratory sample for you to test and approve.
- After you have completed all the packaging, (Bottle/Jar, Cap LABEL & 12-Pack Cardboard Box), ship all the packaging to GAR Labs. After we receive all components we will, (1st) Label the Bottle/Jar, (2nd) Manufacture the product, the (3rd) Fill, Cap, Code and (4th) put the completed product into your 12-Pack Cardboard Box on a palletize and hold it for pick-up via the trucking firm you picked…(like www.ShipHDS.com (local) or www.UPSfreight.com (cross-country)
TOTAL TIME FOR THE PROJECT FROM CONCEPT TO COMPLETION 8-10 weeks
Looking for product packaging and other suppliers for your hair care, skin care or shampoo contract manufacturing project? Click here to see an extensive list of companies GAR Labs has selected for your project that we believe to be fairly priced and capable of handling industrial quantities.
WAREHOUSING & DISTRIBUTION (Long Term)
If you need Long Term local Warehouse Services that will also agree to ship Single Boxes of your products, we recommend Sooner Logistics (Warehousing & Distribution) (Patrick) www.SoonerLogistics.com (805) 222-2030. They are one of the only long term Warehousing & Distribution company that we found that picks up your product with their OWN TRUCKS…which means you don’t have to find a trucking company pick up the pallets, they cover that and that’s one less thing to worry about, it makes warehousing simple.
SHIPPING OF FULL PALLETS
To help take the risk and mystery out of shipping full pallets of your completed hair and skin care products direct to retailers we keep it simple and recommend two shipping companies.
- LOCAL to Southern California, Hollywood Delivery Systems www.shiphds.com (800) 252-9297
- CROSS COUNTRY or Overseas, UPS Freight www.UPSfreight.com